Friday, November 26, 2010

ARMPOCKET SPORT 20 Review

On Wednesday, I received my ARMPOCKET SPORT 20 just in time for our 2 mile run on Thanksgiving Day.  This thing rocks!  www.armpocket.com .

I have been looking for a good solution to carry my iPhone on my runs.  I use the Nike plus GPS app while I'm running to track my speed and distance (review on the Nike plus GPS app coming soon).  Not only did I find a solution for carrying the iPhone; I found a solution to carry a number of other items that usually get in the way on runs:  keys, ID, gel packs, etc.

Here is what the armpocket looks like from the front.  I used the flash on my iPhone to show the reflective piping around the screen protector:


Here is another picture with the iPhone4 inside to get a good idea of how big this thing is:


Although the Armpocket is rather large, I found it to be very comfortable during my run.   You are able to access the screen through the screen protector to select the app needed, or play a different song on your iPod app.   Contrary to what is in the picture, the iPhone actually goes in upside down and has an audio port out the bottom for your headphones.   This is handy, because you can turn your head, raise your arm, and then view the iPhone as you normally would to access the touchscreen.


As you can see, the inside compartment is perfect for not only fitting your iPhone or other Smartphone device, but also has enough space for other items you normally would have to put in your pocket or fannypack.   There are two slots on the inside for credit card or ID, and the middle part could be used for keys, gel packs, small energy bar, etc.   There is an inside band that holds your iPhone/Smartphone/iPod close to the plastic screen, and therefore separates the armpocket into 3 separate compartments:  Credit Card/ID area, Keys or other items, and Smartphone/iPhone/iPod compartment.

I've tried other armbands on the market for the iPhone, and they just don't come anywhere close.   I tried the InCase and Belkin Profit and FastFit.  All 3 of these felt cheap, and looked cheap.  They also worried me, as the iPhone is pressed right against your arm with nothing separating it from sweat except the cheap "water-resistant" material.

So, if you want to take your iPhone or Smartphone out on a run with you and don't want to carry your keys or ID in your pants pocket,  purchase an armpocket!

$29.99 and worth every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment